The thing about wearing boots is that they give you an air of invincibility and indestructibility. You begin to feel like you can go anywhere and walk through anything-like that puddle of mud or that stream that doesn’t seem so deep.
Unfortunately, that also means that your boots may end up wet more often than you would like them to be. And since boots are often made out of tough, sometimes thick material such as canvas or leather, they tend to take longer to dry up. This is particularly so during winter.
While there are a host of boot drying methods available, some of these methods indeed take time. Time that you might not have, especially if the boots in question are what you intend to wear to work on a day-to-day basis. This brings us to the topic in question – the best boot dryers on the market.
Whether you live in a sun-baked region where rain and wet weather isn’t an issue, or you live somewhere where the sun is considered a rare yet welcome visitor, the truth is that you are probably going to need a boot dryer.
There are many advantages that come with owning one, and we’ll cover that and some factors you need to consider before choosing and buying the best boot dryer for you later on. But first, here’s a list and review of some of the best boot dryers on the market today.
Table of Contents
- 1. DryGuy Travel Dry Boot and Shoe Dryer and Warmer
- 2. JobSite Original Shoe and Boot Dryer – Electric Warmer
- 3. Everlasting Comfort Deodorizing Boot Dryer
- 4. MaxxDry Heavy-Duty Boot Dryer
- 5. LAVIEAIR Boot Dryer
- 6. KOODER Boot Dryer
- 7. Air Choice Boot Dryer – Electric Shoe Dryer and Warmer
- 8. Kendal Shoes Boots Gloves Dryer
- 9. Ohuhu Boot Dryer, Shoe Dryer, Electric Boot Warmer with Heat Blower
- 10. PEET, The Original 2-Shoe Electric Shoe and Boot Dryer and Warmer
- 11. DryGuy DX Forced Air Boot Dryer and Garment Dryer
- 12. IRIS USA Portable Smart Electric Dryer
- 13. Dr. Prepared Dryer and Deodorizer
- 14. FORWIT Shoe Boot Dryer and Electric Glove Warmer
- 15. DryGuy Simple Dry Boot and Glove Dryer
- 16. OdorStop Boot and Shoe Dryer and Deodorizer
- The Benefits of Owning the Best Boot Dryer
- The Best Boot Dryer Buyers’ Guide
There’s a very good reason why this DryGuy Travel Dry Boot and Shoe Dryer and Warmer is at the top of our list. For one thing, it’s the kind of boot dryer that you can use with your vehicle’s 12V DC outlet or even a 120V AC power source, which means that you can use it even when you are on the road and don’t have any access to mains power.
This dryer combines a fan that blows hot 99-degree Fahrenheit heat into the boots, drying and warming them in the process. Two units measure 2.5X6.5X2.5 inches. They are compact, travel well, and weigh only 1.25 lbs. which means that they don’t take up that much space in your travel bag.
These boot dryers are effective enough, with an estimated drying time of between 2-5 hours. This means that you can have your boots ready to wear even before the night is over. The manufacturer says that you can simply leave the dryers inside your boots through the night without incurring any risk of damage to the footbed and the boot liner.
- It is capable of using AC or DC power
- It heats up to 99 degrees Fahrenheit
- Very compact and lightweight
- Dries boots within 5 hours
- Built-in fan
- Safe to use
- A 1-year warranty
- The fans could be a bit more powerful
- Travel Dry
- Care, Dryers, Miscellaneous
- Travel Dry
- Boot Dryer
Advertised as “ultra-silent,” this JobSite Original Shoe and Boot Dryer – Electric Warmer for people who don’t want a boot dryer that has a motor or fan. This option heats air which rises through the two tubes to dry your boots. It’s a seamless convection dryer process that doesn’t cause any shrinkage. This two-port boot dryer measures 10.5X5.5X11.25 inches and weighs only 2.67 lbs. making it ideally portable.
It does, however, take a long time to dry your boots. The estimated time is around 8 hours, which means that you would have to leave it on through the night. Another advantage is that it can be used as a boot warmer during those cold winter days.
You can use this convection boot dryer to not only dry almost every type of boots, thanks to its sturdy base, but also other wearables such as hats, gloves, boot liners, rain boots, and so on. Even though it has no timer, it does have an LED light to alert you when the dryer is on.
- Sturdy base
- Two ports
- Ideal for most types of wearables, such as gloves, boots, hats, and so on
- It has no on/off switch (you have to unplug it)
- It has no timer
Designed with four extendable ports, this Everlasting Comfort Deodorizing Boot Dryer is an excellent option for people who are not only looking for a boot dryer but also a deodorizer to eliminate bad odor. The extendable tubes can take on up to 16″ tall boots, making them ideal for people with different-sized boots. The dryer also features drip trays that ensure your floors remain dry even as your boots are dried.
This is a 15.27X12.83X7.68-inch device that weighs 7.41 lbs. which makes it reasonably portable. It comes with a 2-year replacement policy and is capable of drying numerous garments simultaneously.
- Dries boots in under 3 hours
- 2-year replacement policy
- Four ports
- It features a sanitizer and eliminates odors
- It has heat adjustment capabilities
- The ozone setting tends to make a ticking noise
- Dries Most Garments in 80 Minutes or Less: Boot dryers that only use convection can take anywhere between 12 to 24 hours to dry. With ours, it uses a hybrid forced air speed drying system. Using forced air induction and a fan, it not only draws in air, it warms, then circulates it throughout your garments, resulting in dry shoes, boots, gloves, and helmets in under 80 minutes
- Dries Multiple Garments Simultaneously by Emitting a Steady Stream of Warm Air: Synchronize drying your ski boots, work boots, and gloves easily with our boot and glove dryer. 2 extendable and customizable back dryers are ideal for boots, helmets, and larger garments, while the 2 smaller front dryers fit gloves, soccer cleats, socks, kids footwear and clothing. Please note: Air will feel warm rather than hot to the touch
- Comes with Shoe and Helmet Attachments: Not all shoes are shaped or sized the same; that's why we've included both shoe and helmet attachments to help you customize our drying rack to fit your needs. They're easy to attach and can be positioned in different angles to accommodate your boots, tennis shoes, and helmets simultaneously
- Helps Eliminate Odors: Wet, soggy footwear is a breeding ground for unwanted odors. With our shoe dryer and deodorizer, it warms your boots and tennis shoes to effectively remove moisture. This warming process takes care of those pesky smells and odors, leaving your shoes smelling and feeling fresh
- 2 Year Replacement Policy: At Everlasting Comfort we take your experience with our products to heart. To show we're here to help, we pledge to replace your shoe dryer for 2 years, should anything go wrong
MaxxDry is a well-trusted brand in the industry, and this MaxxDry Heavy-Duty Boot Dryer is an excellent boot dryer for those who don’t mind drying their boots one pair at a time. Designed as a 240-watt dryer, this option uses gentle heat and airflow to reduce the moisture and odor in your boots. It produces up to 105 degrees’ Fahrenheit heat which makes it quite effective and relatively fast.
Measuring 8.55 x 3.5 x 8.0 inches and weighing only 3.21 lbs. it comes with a 1-year warranty, uses 120V AC power, and is ideal for drying more than just boots. It also works well with various materials, including rubber, PVC, canvas, neoprene, and leather.
- Super quiet
- Reduces foot odor
- Easy to use
- It has a timer
- It only has two ports
- MaxxDry Heavy Duty Dryer extends the life of footwear and gear by safely eliminating unwanted moisture in boots, shoes and gloves about an hour
- 240 Watt dryer uses gently heated airflow to help reduce odor and moisture
- Uses 120V AC Household Outlet and heats to 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40.5 degrees Celsius to safely dry footwear and gear
- Safe on materials such as leather, PVC, rubber, neoprene, canvas, synthetics, cloth, fleece, felt, micro and all modern fabrics
- Durable, compact design weighs approximately 3.25 lbs., has a dimension of 8.55 x 3.5 x 8.0 inches; 1 year warranty.
Designed with four ports, this LAVIEAIR Boot Dryer is the ideal companion if you have a family. The four ports are designed to help dry anything from leather to vinyl, PVC, fleece, canvas, and a host of other materials, which makes this boot dryer the perfect tool for big families with children.
It measures 10×9.8×22.8 inches and weighs in at only 3.4 lbs. making it portable enough. Two long ports are designed to dry long boots and two shorter ports that are excellent for drying just about anything else. It’s a powerful boot dryer that offers about 250-watts of heating power, a built-in motor as well as a powerful fan. This allows it to dry most boots in under 3 hours.
- Four ports
- Ideal for drying many different types of materials
- Dries most boots in under 3 hours
- Powerful fan and motor
- It can be a little noisy
- FAST DRY- With a 250-watt heating coil and a motor inside, this heavy boot dryer is capable to dry any damp shoes, boots or gloves within 2 hours.
- DEODORIZE ODORS- It removes dampness and sweat to neutralize smelly odors.
- SIMULTANEOUSLY DRY 2 PAIRS OF FOOTWEAR – 4 separate tubes and 4 brackets help to dry 2 pairs of boot or heavy skating shoes at 1 time.
- WARM AIR, NOT HOT AIR. No damage caused to shoes investment. Suitable for drying foot gears made of different kinds of materials including leather, rubber, neoprene, canvas, synthetics, cloth, fleece, felt, and more.
- 0~180 MINUTES TIMER-Set different drying periods for different occasions.
Weighing in at only 10.1 ounces, this KOODER Boot Dryer is an ideal portable option for people who do a lot of traveling. Featuring temperature control options, this dryer has two ports with air holes that can blow out 360-degree heat to evenly dry out your boots. These individual ports measure 7.2 x 2.1 x 2 inches and can fit inside almost any type of boots.
Designed with absolute safety in mind, this boot dryer has a Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) heater that automatically switches it off when it reaches the maximum heat level, meaning that it can’t accidentally overheat. The cables supplying power to the heating ports are also designed to withstand up to 44 pounds of pulling weight, which means they won’t easily come unplugged.
- A strong cord that can withstand a pull of 44 pounds
- It contains a PTC, meaning that it can’t overheat
- Doesn’t have a timer
- Function; drying, eliminate bad odor and sanitize shoes! Protecting your shoes from humidity! Your feet have never felt this comfortable before !
- High quality cable: can withstand 20KG strength in pulling to prevent disconnection during use!
- Heat resistant tough surface: smooth finishing touch, resistant to high temperatures and compressed to make sure the cabinet is not easily breakable!
- 360 degree all rounded heat! Vertical and horizontal air-holes in cabinet to ensure an even distribution of heat!
- PTC heat generator, long lasting high temperature! Precise temperature control, to prevent over heating !
Designed to be plugged into a standard 120V electric outlet, this Air Choice Boot Dryer – Electric Shoe Dryer and Warmer is not only easy to assemble but just as easy to use. The assembly process takes only a few minutes, and the unit is ready for use almost immediately after. It’s a 36 Watt unit that produces convection air as soon as it is plugged into the electrical outlet. It will, however, take about 15 minutes for the hot air to begin circulating within the boots.
Since this electrical dryer produces constant hot air, it’s ideal for drying a host of shoe types, including leather boots, sneakers, vinyl, synthetic fiber, and canvas. You can also use it for drying gloves and socks.
- Easy to assemble
- It starts working in under 15 minutes
- Ideal for various types of shoes and wearables such as gloves
- Two ports
- It has no temperature control
- 【Easy Assembly & One-Button Control】 This 2-Shoe Electric Boot dryer is very easy to assemble, you can complete the assembly of all units by yourself without the help of anyone and don’t be worry that this shoe dryer will be too heavy. Besides, this foot dryer is easy to use. Turn on the switch button after plugging the power cord into the electrical outlet, then the electric shoe dryer will begin working.
- 【Quick Heat & Energy Saving】The Electric Boot Dryer is 36W, which can produce thermal convection air quickly when plugging the power cord into a standard 120V household electrical outlet. The AIR CHOICE boot dryer has a constant temperature function and consumes very little electricity when used. That’s why our shoe dryer is energy-saving and environmentally friendly!
- 【Constant Temperature & Safety】 The 2 Boot dryer of AIR CHOICE operate safely and the warm air will begin to circulate through the tubes in 10-15 minutes approximately. This design is to protect shoes from being overheated or burnt. Constant Temperature and gentle warm air can effectively remove wet and smell from your shoes without any harm to footwear and keep your feet dry and healthy.
- 【For Various Shoes & Multiple Use】The thermal convection air of this electric boot dryer can gently dry leather shoes, boots, and sneakers, and this foot dryer is safe for shoes made of various material including canvas, leather, synthetic fiber, Vinyl and more. This boot dryer can meet the different needs of people for types of shoes of different materials! Besides, you can also use the shoe dryer for gloves, socks and so on.
- 【Super Quiet】 Our boot dryer operates silently and will almost never bother you, so this dryer for shoes can even work while you are sleeping. Monitor your footwear carefully and remove them when they dry out, and turn OFF the power.
Perhaps the most versatile option on this list, the Kendal Shoes, Boots Gloves Dryer, can be used as a portable, stand-alone, or wall-mounted option depending on your specific situation. Measuring 13X10X13 inches and weighing only 3.5 lbs. This unit comes with a wall-mounting kit and has four ports. This means that you can easily dry two pairs of your favorite shoes or boots at any given time. Furthermore, it includes an attachment for gloves.
Another standout feature is the active carbon filter built into this boot dryer. This feature helps to eliminate foul odor from your footwear and leaves them smelling fresh. The unit also has a slide control that allows you to determine the temperature at which it operates. The available four ports are attached to hoses, which makes them quite flexible and ideal.
- It’s a versatile unit that can be wall-mounted, portable, or stand-alone
- It has two heat settings
- It has four ports
- It comes with two glove attachments
- All the hoses operate whether they are in use or not
- Warm air dryer for shoes, boots, gloves, pants, and more in about half an hour, you can go back to wearing them again shortly.
- The shoe dryer can dry 2 pairs of shoes at the same time; the glove dryer can dry 2 pairs of gloves at the same time.
- Warm air protects clothes. Aroma active carbon is used to absorb odor and make your shoes smell better.
- With a up to 3 hours timer. Low and High temperature mode can be selected. Weighing in at 3.5 pounds, this machine will take up very little space on your next outdoor trip or as a permanent fixture at your home.
- Include wall-mount kits if you want to mount it on the wall. CE certified. AC 110-120V, 60 Hz, 325 Watts.
The manufacturer claims that this Ohuhu Boot Dryer, Shoe Dryer, Electric Boot Warmer with Heat Blower is the fastest shoe dryer. Designed to get your boots, shoes, gloves, and most other wearables dry within 40 minutes, this 200-watt heat blower is not only quick but it’s effective too.
Featuring four ports, it measures 14.84 x 9.17 x 7.52 inches and weighs only 4.17 lbs. which makes it quite portable. It’s easy enough to assemble and has what the manufacturer refers to as “whisper-quiet operation.”
Furthermore, it’s designed to dry more than just boots. It can be used on ski masks, helmets, liners, and even thigh boots made out of a host of different materials, including nylon.
- Easy to assemble
- Whisper-quiet operation
- A convenient timer
- Four ports
- Fast-drying action (under 40 minutes)
- It’s a little fragile
- Fastest Shoe Drying: What use are your shoes when they're all wet? Prevent your favorite pairs from getting soggy by putting them onto this 200-watt heat blower. Use it on gloves, work boots or damp shoes? they'll be dry in 20-40 min! With the 4 shoe brackets, you can even dry 2 pairs of shoes at the same time. How's that for efficient?
- Convenient Timer: So that your shoes get the right amount of dry and no more, the unit comes with a handy, adjustable timer (30-180 min), along with overheat protection: When it senses the temperature is too high, it will automatically turn off. Let it do its thing overnight and wake up to a pair of fresh, dry shoes!
- Whisper-Quiet Operation: The last thing you need is another loud device keeping you awake at night. Rest assured, this shoe dryer is nearly silent while operating; you'll forget it's even there!
- Dries More Than Shoes: Think you can only dry shoes? Think again! Try it on liners, helmets, hats, ski masks, gloves and even thigh boots! It gently dries all manner of materials including leather, nylon wool fiber, canvas, rubber, PVC, neoprene fleece, felt, synthetics and everything in between without damage.
- Simple Assembly & Compact Storage: What's great about this dryer is that when you're not using it, it doesn't sit around cluttering up your house. You can actually disassemble all 6 air tubes and 4 shoe brackets, and even join 2 air tubes together to elongate for drying tall boots! When you're done, pack it all up and put it away until next time!
In 1968, Gene Peet, a sportsman, and inventor from St Maries, Idaho, finally decided that he had had enough of wearing wet and soggy boots. He set about inventing something that would dry his boots faster than the sun.
That’s how this PEET, The Original 2-Shoe Electric Shoe and Boot Dryer and Warmer came to be. This is a 10.5X4.8X13.2 inch, two-port boot dryer that weighs only 2.7 lbs. Designed to use thermal convection, this dryer comes with an optional deodorizer attachment that helps to keep your boots smelling fresh.
It’s designed to dry and warm boots and shoes made out of many different materials, including leather, canvas, rubber, vinyl, microfiber, fleece, neoprene, and so many others. It’s a super silent dryer that takes anything between 3 to 8 hours to dry your shoes.
- It comes with a 25-year warranty
- Two ports
- It has an optional deodorizer attachment
- Ideal for many different materials
- It doesn’t have an on or off switch
- Works silently: The Original 2-Shoe Dryer works silently by gently warming air that rises and dries footwear; No loud fans blowing hot air
- Dries most footwear overnight: Drying time depends on material and saturation level; We recommend leaving shoes on the dryer overnight for best results
- Always on: Simply leave it plugged in 24/7; The Original 2-Shoe Dryer uses less electricity than a low wattage household light bulb and costs just pennies a day
- Safe on all materials: Safe to use on leather, rubber, vinyl, neoprene, canvas, synthetics, fleece, microfiber and more
- 25-year warranty: Our products are designed to last and we're confident that your PEET Dryer will exceed expectations for years; Register within 10 days of purchase to take advantage of our warranty
This DryGuy DX Forced Air Boot Dryer and Garment Dryer is another excellent entry from a highly trustworthy brand. As an electric boot dryer, it’s perfect for drying anything from soccer cleats, shoes, boots, gloves, and even hats. Designed with four drying ports, this is a 12X7.5X15 inch dryer weighs 5 lbs. and comes with a 1-year warranty.
Equipped with a timer, this dryer uses a rotary blower that provides it with heated air that goes up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s super quiet and can dry your boots in as little as two hours.
- Four ports
- It has a timer
- It goes up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit
- A 1-year warranty
- It comes with 16-inch extensions for when you want to dry long boots
- It tends to topple over when placed under a lot of weight
- All the ports remain functional even when not in us
- FORCED WARM AIR - dryer works on four garments simultaneously; boots, gloves, helmets, hats and more
- WHISPER QUIET - rotary blower with a 3-hour timer; heats to 105°F/40.5°C will not harm any liners or garments
- KEEPS SHOES FRESH - wet, soggy footwear is a breeding ground for unwanted odors. Dries most items in 1 to 2 hours
- INCLUDES - two removable extension tubes for use with boots up to 16 inches tall; heat or no-heat switch
- DIMENSIONS - 12 inches deep x 7.5 inches high x 15 inches wide; 6-foot power cord; 1 year Warranty
This IRIS USA Portable Smart Electric Dryer is a dual nozzle shoe dryer that comes with a host of pre-set functions from which you can choose. Not only does it have 3 different runtimes (30, 60, and 120), but it also has 3 power settings, from Low to Medium to High, giving you full control.
The nozzles are extendable, meaning this boot dryer can be used on any type of shoe, regardless of size. What’s unique about this dryer is that each of the two nozzles has a divider at its tip, which means that you can turn it into a four-port shoe dryer. Measuring 3.98 x 5.39 x 11.38 inches and weighing only 1.7 lbs. It’s a highly portable and extremely quiet unit.
- Two nozzles that have dividers and can turn into four ports
- Super quiet
- 6 different setting options
- Ideal for all types of shoes
- Doesn’t have a deodorizer
- WHISPER QUIET OPERATION: IRIS USA’s Shoe & Boot Dryer is so quiet, you can run it overnight without disturbing your sleep. Instantaneously turning cold air hot, this Shoe Dryer dries any wet shoes and sneakers, hunting, skiing, snowboarding, and rain boots into a warm dry pair of shoes in as little as 30 minutes.
- FULLY FUNCTIONAL: This Dual Nozzle Shoe Dryer comes with a total of 6 preset options to choose from, based on your needs. Three (3) runtimes: 30, 60, or 120 minutes; and 3 power settings: Low, Medium, and High. You control the settings to ensure you get the best function for your shoes condition.
- EXTENDABLE NOZZLES: The Shoe and Boot Dryer has two nozzles that can extend, making it easy to reach any size shoes, whether they are low top sneakers or high top boots.
- DRY TWO PAIRS AT ONCE: Both of the extendable nozzles have dividers on their tips, allowing you to dry up to four shoes at the same time. If you are a parent or an adventurer pressed for time, this is the perfect shoe dryer for you.
- COMPACT SIZE FOR PORTABILITY: The IRIS USA Shoe Dryer measures just 3.98 x 5.39 x 11.38 inches. The compact size makes sure it doesn’t take up much space, so it’s easy to store in the house or to carry with you when you travel.
This Dr. Prepared Dryer and Deodorizer is a wonderful option for hikers, athletes, skiers, and bowlers who want to ensure that their shoes remain dry even as they enjoy their activities. It’s a highly portable unit that folds down to a compact size. When collapsed, the tubes measure 10.6″ as opposed to the usual 13.8″ when extended.
The unit is extremely quiet with a highly efficient drying mechanism. All you have to do is set the timer and go about your business as the boot dryer uses its antimicrobial and dehumidification technology to work its magic.
- Compact design
- Use dehumidification to dry your shoes
- Two ports
- It has antimicrobial properties
- Easy to store
- The construction isn’t the sturdiest in the market
- 【Eliminates Damp & Odor】Optimum heat circulation effectively eliminates moisture, damp, sweat, and odor in shoes. Getting caught in a rain? Don’t be upset. Dr. Prepare boot dryer is ready to restore your soggy shoes to dryness and comfort.
- 【All-Purpose】Dr. Prepare shoe dryer is suitable for different kinds of shoes like boots, sneakers, flats, oxfords, kid's shoes. It works perfect for gloves, hats, socks, helmets, berets as well.
- 【Quick Drying】With 104-122 (℉) constant heat, this boot dryers with heat blower quickly dry your shoes and boots in a few minutes.
- 【Intelligent Timer】Set different working time for different kinds of shoes. Easy to reduce power consumption.
- 【Folding Design】90° folding design assures great portability and easy storage, this boot warmer dryer is perfect to take on any hiking or backpacking trip. It’s good for foot health and shoe maintenance, extending the life of your valuable gear.
This FORWIT Shoe Boot Dryer, Electric Glove Warmer is not only highly portable, but it’s quite effective too. Capable of heating up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit, it’s probably the hottest dryer on this list.
Featuring two extendable ports, it has deodorizing capabilities and acts as an all-purpose shoe dryer that can dry sneakers, boots, gloves, children’s shoes, and so on. It measures 11.5 x 7.4 x 4 inches and weighs 2.27 lbs. This is a 90-degree folding dryer that works well in almost every condition.
- Foldable and portable
- Two extendable ports
- It features a deodorizer
- It can reach 122 degrees Fahrenheit
- It has a timer
- Super quiet
- Not very sturdy
- 【DRIES QUICK】-- 200W high power, working temperature control at 104-122 (℉) constant heat, this boot dryer with soft winds blower can quickly dry your shoes, boots or gloves in a few minutes without any damage.
- 【DEODORIZE ORORS & ULTRA QUITE】-- Silently dries and eliminates damp, moisture, sweat and odors. Keeping your feet comfortable, healthy and dry.
- 【ALL-PURPOSE】-- FORWIT shoe dryer is suitable for different kinds of shoes such as boots, sneakers, oxfords, flats, children's shoes, etc. It works perfectly for hats, helmets, gloves, socks, berets, ski masks as well. Extend the life of your footwear and gear!
- 【FOLDING & PORTABLE】 -- 90° folding design and two stretchable brackets assure great portability and easy storage, this shoe dryer is perfect to take on any outdoor activities, like camping, hiking, skiing, hunting and more. It’s good for foot health and shoe maintenance.
- 【INTELLIGENT TIMER】-- You can set a different working time (maximum 120 minutes, 110V) according to different footwear. Easy to reduce power consumption and save energy. 200 watts high powered air circulation that's quick to dry but gentle on shoes and gear.
This DryGuy Simple Dry Boot and Glove Dryer is a simple yet highly functional option from a reliable brand. Designed to produce convectional heat, it’s the kind of dryer you want when you intend to dry boots and gloves made out of different materials.
It’s a super silent dryer that takes anywhere between 6 and 8 hours to dry your boots. It measures 11 x 6 x 10 inches and weighs only 3.4 lbs. It makes it super portable and features a super fluted tube design that goes a long way in improving circulation.
- It can reach temperatures of up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit
- Helps to reduce boot odor
- It has a timer
- It doesn’t have an on or off switch
- Convection-based boot and glove drying system heats to approximately 105 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dries two garments (1 pair) in 6-8 hours
- Completely silent, no moving parts; fluted tube design improves circulation
- Will not damage fragile materials in footwear or other garments
- Helps reduce odors
Designed to permanently remove all foot odor, this OdorStop Boot and Shoe Dryer and Deodorizer would be a welcome addition to your closet if you suffer from foot odor. It has a high-output fan that comes attached to a 3-hour countdown timer, which means that you don’t have to worry about it overheating.
It measures 13 x 11.55 x 11 inches and weighs 7.3 pounds. It has four ports, all of which are extendable to fit a wide range of shoes and other garments. It’s easy enough to set up and is quite portable.
- It completely removes all foot odor from your boots
- It has a timer
- Four ports (adjustable)
- A fan with a high output
- It isn’t very quiet
- 🛑Permanently Removes All Foot Odors
- 🛑High Output Fan, 3 Hour Countdown Timer with Automatic Shut-Off
- 🛑Heater On/Off Switch, Deodorizer On/Off Switch, 3 Year Warranty
- 🛑Easy Set Up & Use, Adjustable Tube Configurations to Fit All Footwear and Gloves
- 🛑Includes 8 Ventilation Tubes, 4 Boot Brackets, 2 Air Outlet Caps and User's Guide. Amazon Policy prohibits the sale of all ozone products to California. Ozone is for use in UNOCCUPIED spaces only. EPA Est. No. 94721-CHN-1. Does not meet California air cleaner regulation requirements; cannot be shipped to California, unless intended for industrial use.
The Benefits of Owning the Best Boot Dryer
When was the last time you had to walk around in wet boots for a prolonged period of time? Maybe you were out hiking, and it started raining, or maybe you just accidentally stepped into a puddle of mud on your way home. Either way, walking around in wet boots isn’t fun.
Unfortunately, there are many different ways through which you can get the insides of your boots wet. One of the most common causes of wet boots is sweaty feet.
After a long day at work or walking around in your boots, the sweat from your feet might make them feel damp. Just leaving them out overnight might not be the best solution. You need something that can dry them out completely in as short a period of time as possible. And that’s where the best boot dryers come into play.
Here are some key benefits to owning one:
- It minimizes your risk of blistering: Blisters often occur due to friction that is more pronounced when the insides of your boots are moist. That risk is significantly lower if you have bone-dry boots.
- Prevents mold and mildew: Your damp boots are an ideal breeding ground for mildew and mold. This can occur every time you store your boots when they aren’t completely dry. Using a boot dryer will help keep your boots dry, and the warm air from these dryers makes it difficult for spores to grow and multiply.
- Help to keep your feet fresh: Bacteria typically thrive in wet and hot conditions, exactly the kind of environment the insides of your boots will create if you constantly wear them when they are not fully dried. Using a boot dryer to ensure that all the moisture is removed from inside your boot will make it difficult for any odor-causing bacteria to thrive therein, which means that you are less likely to develop smelly feet.
- Helps to increase boot durability: Not only are wet conditions a favorable breeding ground for bacteria, mildew, and mold, which cause blisters and bad odor, but these conditions can quite literally ruin your boots. Prolonged wetness can cause the material to shrink and bend in different ways, destroying the structural integrity of your boots and reducing their durability.
- It’s faster: If you live in an area where it snows or rains a lot, air-drying your boots can take ages. With the best boot dryer, it will only take a matter of hours, which will save you a great deal of hustle and time.
- They do more than just dry boots: The best boot dryers can be used for drying much more than just boots. You can use them to dry clothes, gloves, hats, and other types of shoes, making them some of the most versatile pieces of household equipment you can own.
The Best Boot Dryer Buyers’ Guide
As you can imagine, there are a host of options available when it comes to the best kind of boot dryer to buy. Like it’s the case with most things, not all boot dryers are created equal. As such, there are some factors that you need to consider if you are going to choose the best one for your needs. These factors include:
Portability is a key factor as far as convenience is concerned. Yes, if you never intend to travel with your boot dryer, then maybe portability isn’t that big of a deal. This means that you can simply choose a freestanding boot dryer or even one that can be mounted on a wall in your home, which brings another set of dynamics into the mix.
Whether you choose a freestanding or a wall-mounted boot dryer, the mechanics of using them will differ. Freestanding boot dryers are pretty straightforward and very functional when it comes to boot drying, but wall-mounted boot dryers can do so much more than just dry your boots.
They can be used to dry your clothes too, but only at that one specific location. If you choose a portable boot dryer, on the other hand, you have to consider several other factors, including how to pack it and how safe it is to travel with wherever you go. You would also have to consider the overall weight in relation to everything else you intend to bring with you.
The best boot dryers come with a number of port options depending on how many pairs of shoes and what other objects you want to dry. If you have a big family, you should probably go for something that will allow a number of members to dry their boots and shoes at the same time without having to wait turns.
This often means that you should go for a boot dryer that has four ports or more. However, if you live alone, then maybe choosing a two-port option is the best choice since you can simply take turns drying whatever it is you want to dry.
There are two main types of boot dryers available on the market today-those that run full time as long as they are plugged in and those that have timers. Each one comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.
For the boot dryers that run full time, you will have to remember to unplug them or remove your boots from the ports; otherwise, you will end up spending a lot of money on the energy bill. Ideally, boot dryers with timers are better since you don’t have to worry about leaving them on over a long weekend. However, the problem with this option is that if your boots aren’t dried up by the end of the timer, you will have to set them up again, which can be inconveniencing, especially if you were expecting to wear your boots right after.
Boot dryers come with a host of heat options. The most common dryers allow you to select between several heat selections, including high heat, which is often around 100 degrees Fahrenheit, or, on the other extreme end, no heat at all.
These options make it ideal for drying different types of boots and belongings using these boot dryers. Just make sure to check the recommended heat setting for your boots before using these kinds of dryers on them.
Granted, the process of drying your boots goes a long way in keeping mold, mildew, and bacteria at bay. However, some boot dryers go one step further by including built-in odor control. They have numerous fillers, such as charcoal, which help sanitize the boots and eliminate that nasty smell that comes with dampness.
Finally, there are other things to consider, such as the kind of warranty offered and the overall price of the boot dryer. The better the warranty, the more confidence the manufacturer has in the product, indicating that you have a good product in your hands.
How long does it take to dry your boots using a boot dryer?
There is no clear answer to this question, given that boots are manufactured using different types of materials, all of which have their own drying times. Also, the level of boot wetness matters.
That being said, the best boot dryers, especially forced-air boot dryers, are designed to take as little time as possible to dry your boots. In some cases, you will find that some boot dryers take as little as 60 minutes to get the job done. However, in many cases, you might need to keep the boot dryer on through the night.
Can your boot dryer be a fire hazard?
Most things can be fire hazards when mishandled. However, boot dryers are designed to be very safe, which means that it’s very rare for them to catch fire unless you aren’t using them correctly. To be safe, be sure to read all the safety instructions from the manufacturer before operating your new boot dryer.
Can you leave a boot dryer on all night?
Yes, you can leave your boot dryer on all night if you want.