A great pair of boots can take a woman places. You can pair boots with a sexy dress for a night on the town or with a pair of jeggings and a cute top for a more casual look. Regardless of what you pair the boots with, the key to looking killer in your boots is ensuring they properly fit.
Some women have thicker calves or thicker thighs, and they need wider boots. Other women have skinny legs and thin thighs, and they too need boots to fit their legs. We have reviewed a bunch of different boots to help find the best over the knee boots for slim legs.
Table of Contents
Our Picks For the Best Over The Knee Boots For Skinny Legs in 2021
If you have thin legs, Stuart Weitzman boots are some of the most amazing boots for you. These boots tend to run smaller than other brands, so they are perfect for those with thinner legs. Stuart Weitzman boots are also high-end boots, so they are amazing quality boots that will last you years to come if they are properly taken care of. Of course, that quality comes at a price. These boots are not cheap and can set you back anywhere from a few hundred dollars on up, but if you want quality boots that look fabulous on your body type, they may be perfect. It was hard to pick just one style to feature, since Stuart Weizman offers so many different fierce boots that are perfect for skinny legs. Some of our top picks include the Flannery City Boot, Genna 60 City Boot, Amber, and the Highland.
- Rubber sole
- Heel: 3.75in / 95mm
- Shaft: 19.75in / 50cm
- Circumference: 15.75in / 40cm
- Tie keyhole at back
If you are looking for affordable, yet stylish over the knee boots, look no further than the Wild Diva Women’s Over The Knee Boot. These boots are made from a stretchy suede-like material, which ultimately helps ensure that they conform to your calves and thighs, fitting you like a glove. They also feature a tie at the top of the boot to help tie the calf area in place so it does not slide down. These boots are amazing not only because of the stretchy material, but because they come in a huge range of colors.
- Material: Faux suede (man-made)
- Measurement (tested sz 6; approx.): Heel: 3.5", Shaft (w/ heel): 25.5", Opening: 15", True to size, Brand new with original shoe box.
- Sole / Padding: Treaded non-skid sole / cushioned foot bed with padded insole
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT: With the perfect amount of padding, you'll be able to run around all day with ease in comfort! The construction is designed to give you a secure yet comfortable fit based on the size you choose. Please kindly refer to the size chart prior to selecting.
- QUALITY AND VALUE: Why spend more on high end seasonal, year-round, occasion styles when you get the same designer quality at discounted and competitive prices? This style can be for just about any outfit with designs to help accentuate your legs and highlight your creative and fashionable look! The treaded outsole will make sure you go about your day and night safely and without fatigue.
Typically, when women think of thigh-high boots, they think of boots made from leather and suede. When men think of thigh-high boots, they envision a seductress wearing shiny polyurethane boots. If you are looking to make fantasies come true, or want to bring out your true inner vixen, the Secret Wishes Thigh-High Boots With Stiletto Heels are perfect for you. These boots can make you look like a fantasy come to life, making them perfect for costume events, role playing or simply a night out on the town. The other advantage that these boots have when compared to leather or suede is that they are waterproof. Water will not damage them and can simply be wiped right off of the boot.
- Extra tall cut black boots with stiletto heels - perfect for super hero, dancer, or biker costumes
- Sheds dirt and water, with care you'll get lots of kick out of these kicks
- These aren't just costume shoes, wear them to the club, to the show or every day
- Rubies costume company is a family owned business based in new york with more than 60 years of experience bringing children and adults the costumes and accessories they want to halloween and year-round dress up
- Women's small fits shoe sizes 5-6, medium 7-8, large 9-10
One of the downsides to shopping online is that you may not always know the brand name of the shoe you are buying. This can make it tough to determine the quality or fit of a boot. If you are looking for a brand you may be familiar with, the bebe Women’s Barya Fashion Boot may be perfect for you. bebe is a brand name that stylish women will likely recognize. It is also a brand that tends to run small, which makes their boots perfect for women with thin or skinny legs. These boots are made from faux suede and feature a gold buckle with the company’s logo on it.
5. Journee Collection Trill Women’s Over-The-Knee Boots and Brinley Co. Womens Regular Over-The-Knee Boots
One of the more unique options on our list is the Journee Collection Trill Women’s Over-The-Knee Boots, which also goes by the name of Brinley Co. Womens Regular Over-The-Knee Boots. These boots are made from a faux suede material, and come in a variety of colors, including red, white, black, and gray. This boot has a very unique look to it as it features a bungee lace-up system on the front of the boot. This is a great feature for women with thin legs, as it allows you to tighten the boot around your calf, knee or thigh to get the perfect fit. The Journee collection can be found at Kohls, which allows you to try on the boot before buying it. The Brinley Co. boot can be found online, which is perfect for those who prefer Amazon shopping.
- ♥ Upper Material: Faux Suede ♥ Toe Style: Round ♥ Heel Height/Type: 3 1/4-in Heel ♥ Closure Type: Inside Zip ♥ Shoe Width: Medium ♥ Footbed: Padded ♥ Shaft Height: 23-in ♥ Calf Circumference Reg: 13 3/4-in ♥ Calf Circumference Wide: 14 1/2-in ♥ All measurements are approximate and were taken using a size 6. Please note measurements may vary slightly by size.
- HIGH-QUALITY BOOTS: Every women’s shoe in our collection of boots at Brinley Co. is created with the finest materials available. Whether they’re made of soft faux suede, faux leather, rubber, or any other classic material, you can be sure that our classy boots won’t fall apart like many shoes on the market.
- LUXURY FOR ANY OCCASION: Whether you’re going out with your girlfriends for a night on the town, heading to work, hiking near your home, or running errands, you’ll love the comfortable, lightweight feel that our classy boots provide. They go great with a pair of jeans or something a little more formal, like a dress, a skirt, or another stylish outfit.
- FASHION FOR LADIES: Our boots come in styles that are meant to optimize comfort. If you love wide-calf, knee-high, mid-calf, over-the-knee, thigh-high, combat, riding, high-heel, low wedge, lace-up, zip-up, rain, winter, snow, or other styles of boots, then you’ve come to the right place. Many of our tall boots feature padded soles and strong outsoles for comfort and durability.
- Brinley Co. SHOES: At Brinley Co., we believe that wearing the right shoes can change your entire day. Wearing eye-catching shoes can make any woman feel confident and empowered. And who doesn’t want to feel that way? We make every pair of shoes with you in mind. Go for an elegant riding boot or a fun-printed rubber boot — we have them all in our wide collection. You will feel the difference.
If you are searching for an affordable pair of boots that you can order online, the DREAM PAIRS Women’s Thigh High Fashion Boots Over The Knee Block Mid Heel Boots may be a great option for you. While DREAM PAIRS has their own website that they sell from, they also sell the majority of their shoes on Amazon, including this boot. As such, if you are an Amazon Prime member, you won’t have to wait long to get these boots delivered right to your door. These boots feature a faux fur liner to give your thin legs some shape and depth, while also featuring a tying feature on the back to cinch the boots up and hold them in place.
- Trendy Design: With a classic almond-shaped toe, these thigh-high boots are must-have staples for followers of fashion. The slight stretch suede vamp is smooth to touch and comfortable to wrap.
- Keep You Warm: The inside of the shoes is covered with soft and warm faux fur, delivering skin-friendly touch and warmth from toes to calves.
- Convenient to Wear: The side zipper design makes the over-the-knee boots easy to take on and off. The drawstring design on the top of the boots makes the shaft not easy to fall down.
- Walking Steadily: The durable TPR rubber outsole provides stability on slippery ground in the winter. The 3 inches block heel design provides added support for a comfortable long day walk. Shaft Height: 21"(approx), opening circumference: 14.5"(approx)
- Versatile: These sexy boots go well with jeans, dresses, jackets, sweaters, etc. An ideal choice for shopping, dating, parties, or any other occasion.
You cannot mention a list of the top women’s boots without mentioning UGG. These warm and stylish boots have become fashion staples for women all over the world. While technically, UGG does not make an over the knee boot, their UGG Women’s Classic Femme OTK Boot comes close. Depending on the length of your legs, this boot usually hits mid-knee level. UGG boots tend to be roomy, but since they are filled with sheepskin fur, they still look great and hold their shape for those women who have thinner legs. They also help to keep you nice and warm, which is beneficial for those who live in colder weather.
- Suede upper with water repellency treatment
- Lined with both sheepskin and UGGpure wool
- Treadlite by UGG outsole for comfort
- 10mm UGGpure wool insole
- 2" wedge height
If you are on the hunt for a boot that will make a statement, look no further than the Steve Madden Vava boot. This thigh high boot comes in unique colors, such as rose, yellow or blue snake skin, as well as coming in more traditional colors, such as black and brown. And if that was not show-stopping enough, the boot has a four-inch heel, ensuring you truly make a statement. Many reviewers state these boots have slim shafts, so this makes them a great boot for those who have thinner legs and want a tight-fitting boot.
- Fabric or man-made lining
- Man-made sole
- 4 inch heel height
- 16.5 inch shaft circumference
- 23.25 inch shaft height
Boots and the country go hand-in-hand. And when it comes to country western boots, Dan Post is a name that immediately comes to mind. If you are looking for knee high boots that have a country flare to them, Dan Post Women’s Jilted Fashion Western Boots. These boots are made of real leather and feature classic country western style embroidery on them. Just like UGG boots, they are not true over the thigh boots, instead hitting at the mid-knee level. However, these are as high as country boots go, and they feature a thin shaft, making them perfect for all of you country girls with thin legs who are looking to attract the attention of a cowboy.
Boot Features to Look For If You Have Skinny Legs
If you are on the hunt for the best over the knee boots for skinny legs, you may want to look for boots that feature specific features. There are features that help to ensure the boot fits tightly or conforms to the shape of your leg. Here are a few of those features and how they can help ensure you get the optimal fit for your skinny legs.
Slouchy Fit Boots
One of the features that you may want to look for if you have skinny legs is over the thigh boots that have a slouchy look or fit to them. If you have thin legs, knee high or thigh high boots may naturally slouch on you because your legs are not thick enough to keep the boots up. Boots that are designed to slouch may be perfect for you, as that is what tends to happen anyway. The slouchy of the boots hide any areas where the boots may be ill fitting, while also adding thickness to your legs.
Lace Up Boots
Another option to consider if you have thin legs and are searching for great fitting boots is lace-up boots. When it comes to lace up boots, there tend to be two different styles. One style laces up in the front, like a traditional shoe, while the other laces up in the back, giving you a corset look to your boots. Both options help to tighten the boot shaft where you need tightening and letting out the boot shaft where you need a bit more room. This helps to create a very fitted look that makes the boots look like they were created just for you.
Button-up boots are not as common as lace-up boots, but there are some out there if you know where to look. Button-up boots tend to button up in the back of the boot.
Typically there is a button and there are two button holes. This allows you to choose the hole that offers the best fit for the size of your legs. Those with thinner legs tend to love button-up boots because the boots can be tightened to fit your leg. The downside is that it can take some time to button up all of the buttons on over the knee boots.
Boots Made From Stretchy Material
The final element you may want to consider if you have thin legs is selecting boots that are made from a stretchy material. Most thigh high boots are made from leather or leather-like materials. These materials have some stretch to them, but not a lot of stretch.
However, there are boots out there that are made from synthetic materials that have a lot of stretch. These boots will conform to the shape of your legs, calves and thighs, making them perfect for women with thin legs, as well as women with thicker legs.
Other Accessories That May Help Your Boots Fit Better
If you have a pair of boots that you absolutely adore, and you lost weight this summer, or you have extremely thin legs and you are having trouble finding boots to fit your legs, there are a couple of accessories that you may want to think about buying. These accessories can help your boots to stay up and fit better. This may give you what you need to ensure boots you fell in love with make your legs look their best.
Boot socks are socks that are thicker than normal socks. Traditionally boot socks have been used to prevent blisters that may occur when you wear working boots all day long.
However, as boots have evolved, so to have boot socks. Boot socks now are designed to help ensure your comfort while wearing boots, while also helping to ensure boots fit you. Boot socks can be made of a thick material for those who need to add an inch or more to their calves to hold their boots up, or of a thinner, compression-like material for those who are trying to squeeze into boots.
A boot cuff is a cuff that can be worn around the calf or the thigh. The goal of the cuff is simple to add thickness to that part of your body, helping to fill in parts of a boot that may be slightly too big for you. A boot cuff can help to prevent a boot from slouching and can thicken your legs and thighs.
Boot straps are like suspenders for your boots. In fact, they sometimes go by the name of boot suspenders.
These cuffs can be worn much like a garter belt and used in the same fashion. One side of the strap can be adhered to the back of the boot. The other side of the strap is adhered to pants, a dress, a skirt or garter belt. The strap helps to hold the boots up and in place.
It is important to note that the strap will be visible if you are wearing a dress or skirt. But, if you are just looking to make a great impression from the front or you can hide the strap under colored nylons or leggings, a boot strap may be a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Over the Knee Boots For Skinny Legs
Once you have found the best over the knee boots for skinny legs, you may have many questions ranging from ensuring they continue to fit well to caring for the boots. Here are a few of the questions you may have along with the answers to those questions.
Are There Tips to Help Shrink Boots?
If you have purchased over the knee boots and they are slightly too big, or they have stretched out as they have been worn, you may find yourself wondering if there are any tips that can be used to shrink the boots. It is important to note that different boots are made from different materials, and as such, they may react differently to different techniques.
The best tip to help shrink boots is to use heat. As a general rule of thumb, you can slightly shrink leather and leather-like materials by using a blow dryer to heat up the boot in the areas it needs to shrink. Some people prefer to wear the boots as they use a blow dryer on them, while others do not.
It is important to note that heat can crack vinyl, so heat should not be used on boots made from vinyl.
Can a Cobbler or Shoe Repair Company Help Fit Boots?
If you have boots that are slightly too big or slightly too small, you may find yourself wondering if a cobbler or shoe repair company can help. If you have boots that are made from genuine leather or suede, a shoe repair company may be able to slightly stretch the boots or take them in.
However, you need to be aware that doing so can be costly. As such, it is recommended that you find a pair of boots that fit well to begin with. Cobblers or shoe repair companies typically do not work with boots that are made from faux leather or suede, as these materials are not easy to work with.
How Can I Prevent My Over the Knee Boots From Stinking?
As you wear over the knee boots, they can start to stink, especially if your fit or legs sweat while wearing them. If yours start to smell, you can use foot powder in them to absorb the odor.
Alternatively, you can sprinkle baking soda in the boots when they are not being worn to absorb odors. One of the best tips to help keep your boots from stinking to begin with is to sprinkle your legs with powder before wearing the boots. The powder will absorb sweat and odor, helping to keep your boots stench free.
How Do I Store the Boots When They Are Not In Use?
When the boots are not in use, you will want to take care to keep the shaft of the boot upright. If the boot is stored with the shaft folded over, crease lines can begin to form. You can purchase boot storage racks, that allow your boots to hang from the rack, keeping the shaft upright. Alternatively, you can stuff the boot with tissue paper so that the shaft is kept upright. Boots should always be stored in a dry space, as mold and mildew can form on the boots if they are stored somewhere damp or moist.
Everyone has a unique body shape and unique sizes to their body parts. As such, what fits and looks great on one person may not fit perfectly on someone else.
When it comes to boots, you want a pair of boots that fit your legs like a glove to help really showcase that part of your body. However, it can take a lot of trial and error to find the perfect boots for you. We have tested a lot of boots and we feel confident that if you are looking for the best over the knee boots for skinny legs, there will be something on our list for you.
We have also provided you with a lot of great solutions that can help you get ill-fitting boots to fit better. We would love to hear from you, including feedback on which boots worked best for you and what other boots you feel should have been included on the list that were not.