Guess what? Your feet stink. Guess what? You can do something about it. If you’re under the age of twenty-five, it could be your hormones making you sweat so much. If you’re over the age of fifty, it could be your twenty-five-year-old kid making you sweat so much. The cause could also be metabolism, spicy foods, working in ultra-heated environments (such as rooftops in the summer) or any of a number of factors.
Hot weather and even the humidity of a rainy day can make your feet sweaty. If you sweat more than typical, especially on a daily basis, you could be at risk for the following:
• Becoming severely dehydrated, which can lead to being excessively tired and weak, mental confusion, dizziness, dry skin and being deficient in basic electrolytes and nutrients essential for survival.
• Developing blisters on your feet because of the skin being overly softened as well as pruning and slippage around in your shoes. This can create a friction that causes the skin to be irritated and rubbed raw.
• Skin irritations such as rashes, chaffing or general discomfort.
• Moisture building up inside a dark, warm space such as a boot is the perfect place for bacteria and fungus to build up and fester. This can result in several different types of precarious infections such as athlete’s foot, trench foot, erythrasma, and onychomycosis.
• You could get cramps in your feet or legs.
In order to prevent excessive sweating, drink plenty of water, eat nutritious, well-balanced meals every day and see to it that you put on the right socks and breathable work boots every morning. Take good care of yourself and your feet will take care of you!
Table of Contents
- So, What Are The Best Boots To Wear To Reduce Foot Sweat?
- 1. KEEN Utility Men’s Flint Mid Work Boot
- 2. Timberland PRO Men’s Boondock 6″ Waterproof Non-Insulated Work Boot
- 3. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 6″ MAXwear Wedge Safety Toe Boot
- 4. Carhartt Men’s 6″ Force Lightweight Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot
- 5. EVER BOOTS “Ultra Dry Men’s Premium Leather Waterproof Work Boots
- What Are Some Other Things To Look For?
- How To Keep Sweat At Bay
- Other Tips
- How To Properly Clean Your Boots
So, What Are The Best Boots To Wear To Reduce Foot Sweat?
If you have a problem with excessive perspiration in your feet, there are some things to look like. There are four basic traits you should be on the lookout for. If you can find any boots that have all four of these traits, hold on to them!
Remember to SLAM!
• Specialized Waterproofing – The worst part about the usual waterproof boots is that they are so confining that they can cause your feet to sweat even though they prevent water from the outside from soaking into the boots. Some waterproof boots will have a specialized waterproof membrane that lets moisture to slip out of the boot while rejecting water on the outside simultaneously.
• Low Profile – A lower profile work shoe is the best for keeping your feet cool and moisture-free. In boots that have a longer shaft, the air has to travel a good long way before escaping the boot. That is, unless, it has a special outer membrane.
• Arch Support – While this may be hard to believe at first, having the best possible arch support can lower sweating. When your feet are forced to work harder by being put under extreme pressure and strain, they are apt to sweat more as would most of the other muscles in your body. Having superior arch support guards against your feet from getting exhausted and overtiring themselves.
• Mesh Lining – A mesh lining is a technologically advanced fabric with breathable, moisture-wicking properties. What this basically means is that it swiftly absorbs sweat and channels out of the boots, seeing to it that your feet stay dry and that there will always be fresh air circulating around in your shoes.
When it comes to finding the best boots for your sweaty feet condition, there are many options to choose from. To help you make an informed choice, we have compiled a list of the five boots that we believe would help keep your feet dry and at ease throughout your workday.
1. KEEN Utility Men’s Flint Mid Work Boot
- KEEN Utility is more than happy to present this pair of steel toe work shoes that are stylish as well as practical.
- These boots provide superior stability and protection.
- They have the comfort of a hiking boot and the durability of a working boot.
- Whether it is urban, rural, sandy or rocky, Keen believes the outdoors is anyplace that doesn’t have a ceiling.
- Keen believes in living what they call the HybridLife, which means fully intersecting into a larger community that is filled with people who innovate and create new possibilities, use the outdoors for recreation and make themselves responsible for the world around them.
- KEEN Utility boots come with asymmetrical toe protection in better order to fit your left and right foot.
- This is to provide full protection from the big toe to the little toe.
- The roomier toe box allows your toes to breathe and spread out just as they were meant to. What’s more, there is ample room to move and flex.
- This should prevent any pinching when the foot is flexed.
- Anatomical engineering sees to it that the internal support mechanism cradles your natural contours and provides excellent arch support.
- The patented Cleansport NXT provides for natural odor protection for people concerned about the smells caused when feet get too sweaty.
- The permeable mesh panels provide the wearer with full breathability. This makes them a great pair of summer workboots.
- The traction is superior. It comes with a contoured heel lock and a footbed that is anatomically molded making them great for slippery surfaces.
- This is an ankle-cut work boot with a removable footbed and non-marking sole.
- The boot is fabricated from pure leather.
- The lining is made out of a hydrophobic mesh.
- If you want to keep your feet dry and comfortable on the job, these are the boots for you.
- They provide firm footing even in the wettest of weather.
- The book provides great ankle support with lots of padding and will not mark up the floor.
- The waterproof leather will keep all moisture from coming in whether from the inside or outside of the boot.
- The mesh panels ensure breathability that will keep your feet cool in even the warmest of weather environments.
- Here is a shoe that provides continuous odor protection.
- People with flat feet find that these lessen the pain in the arches.
- They are an overall lightweight yet sturdy shoe that will protect your feet from most blows you may encounter on the job.
- They are slip and oil resistant.
- They are easy to clean and stand up to hard usage.
- The insoles are removable and replaceable.
- The laces are durable and do not come undone easily.
- For steel toe boots, they are amazingly comfortable.
- Many people do not like the plastic tabs that stick out and just cut them off.
- Some people find them a bit too big, but maybe a big shoe is what you’re looking for.
- They are not waterproof and so are better suited for indoor work.
- The construction of the tongue can make laces dig into the skin.
2. Timberland PRO Men’s Boondock 6″ Waterproof Non-Insulated Work Boot
- For those of you who are in need of a rugged leather work boot, Timberland PRO has got you covered with these Boondock safety boots.
- Timberland established an innovative industry standard for craftsmanship, protection, and durability when they introduced a trustworthy waterproof leather boot back in 1973.
- Being a worldwide bellwether in designing, engineering, and marketing quality footwear means that Timberland esteems clients who treasure the outdoors and what time they may have in it.
- Timberland has been an industry leader in being ecologically responsible by making use of both recycled and sustainable materials in their shoes.
- This goes for all of the footwear packaging as well. The Timberland Company believes the corporation has a responsibility to more than just the customer base. Therefore, they support several civic and social projects all year long.
- It is the anti-fatigue technology, the waterproof protection and durable, weather-ready outsoles that make the Timberland PRO Boondock work boots the pinnacle of companionship for anyone who has to work long hours.
- Well renowned for their superior comfort and weatherproof performance, the Boondocks have come into being some of Timberland PRO’s most valued work boots.
- These boots have waterproof leather and abrasion-resistant heel plus toe bumpers.
- The inside has a lining that easily wicks away moisture and complements the outer waterproof layer.
- The anti-fatigue technology these boots were made with will support your feet through any sort of weather or heavy use.
- The outsoles have a firm grip on them and have been known to be puncture-proof.
- These are boots that will last a good long while without giving out.
- Your feet will stay perfectly dry in these boots.
- These boots are perfect for absorbing shock plus they return energy and cushion the soles of your feet impeccably.
- The stable grip will see to it that you never lose your footing.
- Puncture resistance can save you a lot of pain if not your life.
- Good news if you have wide feet! These run on the wide side.
- This boot comes with plenty of safety features such as a safety toe, a rubber lugged outsole, and reinforced rubber.
- If odor is a concern for you, the insoles are infused with an antimicrobial that should help some.
- It has a good grip, is waterproof and durable enough to withstand just about anything.
- Bad news if you have narrow feet.
- These run on the wide side and may fit too loosely.
- They are a little on the heavy side.
3. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 6″ MAXwear Wedge Safety Toe Boot
- Just like you, the Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 6 Inch Moc Toe, MAXwear Wedge Non-Safety Toe Boot are powerful, robust and up to any task imaginable.
- They’re stylish enough to be worn after you’ve clocked out as well! And the dapper, tobacco oil-tanned leather lets your feet have room to breathe.
- These classical boots are proudly Made in the USA by union workers who have walked more than a mile in your work boots.
- Thorogood has perpetually focused on ingenuity, craftsmanship, expertise, innovation, and comfort in all of their work boots.
- They also make note of the paramount relevance of footwear to your way of life and promptly getting the job done.
- These are boots that were made with the highest standard in mind and meant to never let the wearer down.
- Their boots were originally meant for hiking and hunting, but World War II made the company realize these boots were as good for work as they were for play.
- These are the boots that keep America going and will keep you going!
- These shoes are fabricated from tobacco oil-tanned, full-grain leather.
- The ultimate shock absorption footbed is removable.
- The insole is made from the patented Poron comfort cushion.
- The shank is made of pure fiberglass.
- The outsole has that trusty MAXWear Wedge slip resistance.
- For the best in storm welt construction, it’s got Goodyear storm welt construction.
- The tongue was inserted with a bellows construction.
- There is a cotton vamp in the toe
- The leather looks good, feels good and will protect your feet from the elements.
- A removable footbed makes for a cleaner, better smelling not to mention longer-lasting shoe.
- Shock absorption will keep your joints from aching at the end of the day.
- A cushioned insole makes for a comfortable boot that makes it easy to wear for a very long time.
- The shank will not conduct heat but will protect you from punctures and provide you with support. MAXWear Wedge slip resistance will protect you from falls.
- The Goodyear storm welt construction keeps water out.
- The bellows tongue adds to the weatherproofing of this boot.
- The cotton vamp will wick away moisture and keep your feet cooler.
- These are well-crafted boots suitable for hard work.
- They are safe to wear on slippery surfaces and have plenty of traction.
- The supple leather has a nice, waxy feel to it.
- The toe cap is firm, giving it the classic moc toe shape you’re looking for.
- Triple stitching in key areas ensures a boot that the construction is good and solid.
- The sole is springy and comfortable.
- They take a while to break in properly.
- Some people think the white sole is old fashioned, but some people find it classy. Your taste may vary.
- While great for slip resistance, the sole can provide some hindrance should you walk on ladders.
4. Carhartt Men’s 6″ Force Lightweight Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot
- This shoe is quite possibly the perfect blend of style, fashion, and utility.
- It has all the durability of a work boot but is designed to look like a tennis shoe.
- It is made of genuine leather with a synthetic, flexible sole.
- This particular boot features FastDry technology which can wick away sweat to keep your feet cool and dry.
- Ortholite insoles fight rank odors and keep your feet from being sore and tired.
- The Storm Defender waterproof liners are waterproof yet breathable for keeping your feet dry.
- This very light shoe only weighs one and three-quarters of a pound.
- It comes with two pairs of laces, one black, and one white.
- It also comes with comfortable insoles that are easily removable.
- You can wear them all day and not feel any fatigue.
- While well insulated, they are not too warm for indoor use. This can make them great for warm conditions or a perfect summer work boot.
- This lightweight pair is easy on your feet. It has high traction on jagged or slippery surfaces.
- It looks like a running shoe and feels like it! They are waterproof and can handle the wettest, muddiest and chilliest of environments.
- The composite safety toe provides safety without becoming too cumbersome.
- The black coated leather with white racing stripe looks tres chic.
- People with narrow feet may feel lost in this just a little too spacious shoe.
- The white racing stripe on black-coated leather looks good, but that’s the only color it comes in.
- Use the free pair of white laces on white, brown or tan boots if you don’t want to be mistaken for a skinhead.
- Said laces tend to be too elastic to stay tied for long.
5. EVER BOOTS “Ultra Dry Men’s Premium Leather Waterproof Work Boots
- These highly affordable yet quality standard work boots from Ever Boot will make sure your feet are not only ultra-dry but comfortable all day long.
- The Ultra Dry is manufactured with materials of the highest caliber to ensure this boot to be wholly waterproof.
- Every single detail from the leather down to the stitching is waterproof to better guard your feet from the elements.
- Seeing as how this is one of the most useful boots to be made, the UltraDry is patterned to overpower the cold weather. This will keep your feet dry at all times.
- These are multi-purpose boots that can be utilized not only for heavy-duty construction but also landscaping, gardening, farming or hiking in the outdoors if that’s what you like.
- The waterproof leather will keep your feet dry.
- The insulated lining is there to keep your feet nice and warm.
- Ever Boots is confident enough in their product to offer a thirty-day money-back guarantee.
- The boot makes use of a Seal-Direct Attached Construction that formats a premium weather-proof bond to the uppers.
- The tread pattern on the Ultra Dry will give you the very best of traction and shock absorption attributes on the heel and arch, making flex points that will allow a greater amount of movement in comparison to most work boots.
- The inside of the shoe is well insulated.
- They were built with anti-fatigue technology.
- The soles are lightweight and extremely flexible.
- A waterproof membrane coats the outside, accompanied by a moisture-wicking lining.
- Even the laces are waterproof!
- These boots are ideal for working in cold and wet environments.
- The anti-fatigue technology will prevent your joints from becoming achy and sore by softening both pressure and shock.
- The flexibility will allow you to walk, bend and stand in comfort for long hours.
- The waterproofing method ensures that moisture whether from inside or outside the boots is repelled.
- The laces won’t shrink in cold water.
- They have great traction in damp conditions.
- They are excellent for keeping your feet dry, comfortable and warm.
- While lightweight, they are also sturdy.
- The boots are not only flexible but durable enough to last a very long time.
- There’s some good tracking on these boots as well.
- They run a little on the small side, so get a size bigger than you usually get.
- The eyelets have a tendency to break easily and some people have complained that they dig into the ankles.
What Are Some Other Things To Look For?
Boots are notorious for trapping moisture. If you have to wear work boots, look for something that is made out of breathable and comfortable materials such as canvas or leather.
Buy two or three pairs of comfortable work boots and alternate them every few days in order to keep all of them as dry as you possibly can. You may want to invest in changeable absorbent insoles that give you an additional defense against odor. It is of the utmost importance to feel comfortable in any pair of boots that you must spend an entire day in.
Not only is it annoying as well as humiliating to have sweaty, leading to smelly feet, but it can furthermore cause diseases of the foot and fungal infections such as trench foot and athlete’s foot. Thus, it is quite crucial to see to it that your sweaty feet are dry and that you are maintaining proper hygiene.
How To Keep Sweat At Bay
There are several methods to keep your work boots breathable, fresh, dry and sweat-free.
• Newspaper If you want to dry out damp shoes without destroying your laundry dryer, stuff them with newspaper. They will also absorb sweat and bad odors. Pro tip: Glossy magazine pages will only do a halfway job. Even if you believe print is dead, do not attempt to stuff your computer in your shoes.
• Foot Powder Right after the Turkey Drop Incident, the funniest scene on WKRP in Cincinnati was the time Mr. Carlson mistook a bag of cocaine for foot powder. Finding out the truth just caused him to sweat even more! You could try applying an actual foot powder either to your feet, socks or boots. This is an effective way of keeping sweat at bay.
• Antiperspirant It’s strong enough for your feet, but made for your armpits! You can use either the spray or roll on. Simply apply it to the soles and top of your feet if the sweat develops there too. Don’t forget to get between your toes. Raise your foot if you’re sure!
Always wear clean, dry and absorbent socks. If you don’t need waterproof boots, opt for something permeable. Use an antibacterial soap to clean your feet daily and dry them thoroughly. Your boots and socks likewise should be clean and dry before you put them on. Keep yourself hydrated to regulate your body temperature.
How To Properly Clean Your Boots
First of all, you should clean your breathable work boots using a water-based cleaning agent and a nylon brush. Make sure that you meticulously brush the seams to be certain that all of the dirt is removed. Next, moisten the boots and apply a water-based waterproofing agent that will make your boots more resistant to water.
It is recommended that you use water-based products as they will not stifle the breathability of the leather. Leather conditioner will keep cracks from forming. Boots should be air-dried with newspaper stuffed in the toes. Do not leave them in the sun or too close to a heat source. An odor eating spray may improve the smell.
Do you have more questions? Keep reading. Maybe your question is answered below.
What should I do if I can’t find a boot in my half-size?
If you normally wear a half-size boot, let’s say a 10½, but the boots you want to buy only come in whole sizes, you should buy the size 11 instead of the size 10. It’s a good rule of thumb to have your boots a half-size too big rather than a half-size too small.
I’m a woman. How do I find work boots my size?
You go girl! You go buy a boot two sizes smaller than what you usually wear. You may have worn a size 7 shoe since junior high (if only your dress size was still the same) but if you plan to walk in the man’s world, then your man’s shoes should be a size 5. You may have to shop in the boy’s department, Tinker Bell. Try the shoes on first just to make sure. Going down one size might be enough.
How can I keep my feet dry and warm throughout the day in the winter?
Besides the above tips, you may want to try layering. Start with silk, synthetic or bamboo socks that will wick away the moisture. Then put on some wool socks. Merino wool is highly recommended. Bring some spares so that you can change when you need to.
Does the black tea cure really work?
Some people may want to write this off as an old wives’ tale, but sometimes those old wives are onto something! The tannic acid found in black tea closes the pores and kills bacteria which will make your feet sweat less. Soaking your feet in a warm footbath of strong black tea for thirty minutes a night should fix that little problem.
No matter what your foot problem is, the solution could be as simple as finding the right shoe. Just remember to SLAM! That stands for Specialized waterproofing, Low profile, Arch support, and Mesh lining. Keep looking until you find the boot that has everything you’re looking for!