It’s no secret that people with flat feet typically have low to no arch, resulting in back, foot, leg, leg, and knee pain. Typically, the body naturally makes up for the lack of stability, converting occasional pain into adverse complications such as muscle strain after a while. Although surgical procedures are an option, they can be costly.
Here’s where a great pair of insoles comes into play. They are an affordable and effective solution to the wealth of problems that stem from flat feet. In addition to significant pain relief, insoles usher in much-needed comfort, making your favorite footwear more supportive.
However, with the boatload of options in the market, finding the ideal pair of insoles for you is no easy feat. After all, they are closely similar in appearance. In this guide, we’ve narrowed down the best insoles for flat feet that will give you the best bang for your buck.
Table of Contents
1. Powerstep Pinnacle Max Cushion
Perfect for women with flat feet, Powerstep Pinnacle Max Cushion insoles deliver the ideal blend of cushioning, foot support, and control. With a flexible yet firm shell that aids in foot stabilization and support, these insoles are also shock absorbent in the heel, diminishing impact on the area.
Furthermore, the arch support, deep heel, and encapsulated design enhance motion control. The antimicrobial polyester outer layer of the shoe insole also keeps your feet dry, comfortable, and odorless by reducing heat and friction.
Podiatrists recommend the Powerstep Pinnacle Max Cushion insoles to alleviate and curb foot ache that stems from various conditions such as arch or heel pain, plantar fasciitis, moderate to mild pronation, and metatarsal pain.
|Double-layer cushioning||Some users find the arch slightly high|
|Durable EVA foam base|
|Reduces heat and friction|
|Impressive shock absorption|
|Alleviates and prevents foot pain|
|Perfect for a wealth of foot conditions|
|Antimicrobial properties that prevent foot odor|
|Recommended by podiatrists|
- POWERSTEP PINNACLE PINK: Full Length Insoles, Neutral Arch Support, Maximum Cushioning, High Activity for Moderate Support.
- FOOT PAIN PREVENTION AND RELIEF: PowerStep Pinnacle Pink Insoles are Ideal for Pain Associated with Plantar Fasciitis, Mild to Moderate Pronation, Achilles Tendonitis, Shin Splints and other Foot, Ankle, Knee, Hip & Back Pain. As the #1 Podiatrist Recommended Brand, Our Mission and Purpose at PowerStep is to Create a More Comfortable and Happier Life for our Customers. ~ The PowerStep Pain Free Life
- NEUTRAL ARCH SUPPORT | MAXIMUM CUSHIONING: PowerStep Pinnacle Pink Insoles are Full Length Insoles with Built-In Neutral Arch Support and Dual-Layer Cushioning are the Perfect Balance of Comfort and Support. The PowerStep Pinnacle Insole Features the Proven PowerStep Arch Shape Which Cradles the Arch and Heel, Adding Stability and Motion Control to Limit Excess Stress on Feet, Ankles, Joints, and Tendons.
- DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE: PowerStep Pinnacle Pink Neutral Arch Insoles are Made to Fit Sized, Meaning No Trimming, You Order Your Shoe Size. Inserts are Movable From Shoe to Shoe if Necessary and Can be Worn in a Variety of Shoe Types Including; Athletic; Walking/Running, Work and Some Casual and Dress Shoes. Please Note First Time PowerStep or Orthotic Insole Users May Need a Transition Period of Wearing Insoles Only a Few Hours a Day Until Feet are Accustomed to All Day Support and Stability
- 🦅 PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA: Your 100% Satisfaction is Our #1 Concern so All of Our Products are Backed by Our 30-day Guarantee.
2. Spenco Total Support
Designed with healthier biomechanical movement in mind, the Spenco Total Support insoles have the uncanny ability to counteract over-pronation and guide your stride for a more natural gait. Additionally, they have impressive support without forcing a high arch, boosting the overall comfort for people with flat feet.
The insoles come with a heel plug that adds cushioning, acting as excellent shock absorbers, which is advantageous for anyone suffering from plantar fasciitis. Available in men’s sizes 14 to 17.5 and women’s sizes 3 to 6.5, the Spenco Total Support insoles are made of anti-odor and anti-friction fabric that keeps your feet odorless and blister-free.
|Perfect for athletes looking for rigid support||Might require a trim|
|Boosts motion control to diminish over-pronation|
|Great for people with plantar fasciitis|
|Suitable for men and women of various foot sizes|
|Anti-friction and anti-odor fabric|
- Spenco rigid arch-support insoles for stability
- For athletes looking for rigid support
- Improves motion control to reduce over-pronation
- Advanced support for the arch and heel
3. Walk Hero Support
If you’re looking for the best insoles for flat feet that are designed with affordability in mind, then Walk Hero Support is right up your alley. In addition to the pocket-friendly price, the semi-rigid orthotic arch support insole elevates alignments and balance while the deep heel cup maintains correct foot positioning. It keeps your heel protected from the impact of landing during running, jogging, or walking while stabilizing your feet.
With a shock-absorbing, lightweight foam base coupled with a full-length footbed, the Walk Hero Support insoles deliver excellent supportive cushioning from heel to toe. The moisture-wicking and antimicrobial fabric is also a great feature that prevents foot odor even with extensive wear.
Designed for everyday use, the insoles deliver moderate support and control in work shoes, boots, walking shoes, or casual hiking shoes. They also provide relief from Ball of Foot Pain, Plantar Fasciitis, and Achilles Tendonitis.
|Designed for versatile use||Not machine-washable|
|Supportive cushioning from toe to heel|
|Antimicrobial and moisture-wicking fabric|
|Alleviates pain and strain caused by diabetes, bunions, pronation, and arthritis|
|A deep heel cup that maintains correct foot positioning|
- ★LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and pain caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis, and diabetes.provides relief from Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis and also Ball of Foot pain
- ★DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
- ★PREMIUM EVA MATERIAL - It is excellent for shock absorption and pain relief. The fabric also helps keep your feel cool
- ★DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE - Provides moderate control and support in walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes and boots.Comfort and cushioning for all types of leisure or everyday footwear
- ★RISK FREE - IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR INSOLES ,PLEASE BE SURE TO CONTACT WALKHERO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN OUR RETURN POLICY ,WE WILL OFFER A REASONABLE AND ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION TO MAKE IT UP FOR YOU ▶FRIENDLY REMINDER: WalkHero insoles are packed in resealable ziplock bag, Free to open and seal, please kindly keep the package intact before return. To avoid Amazon refuse your return request due to packaging damage, Please DO NOT use scissors to open it◀
4. Superfeet Unisex Premium
If you stand a lot during the day, then the Superfeet Unisex Premium insoles were manufactured with you in mind. The flexible and low-profile Superfeet shape delivers unparalleled support and stability, diminishing stress and fatigue on the knees, feet, and ankles.
The reinforced rearfoot of the cup enhances the overall structure and support, reducing shifting and movement in your shoes. With the high-density foam cushioning, these premium insoles provide optimum comfort, allowing you to get through your day-to-day pain-free. For a snug fit, they come in a broad range of women’s and men’s sizes.
|A snug fit in various types and sizes of shoes||Might feel slightly stiff at first|
|Constructed from long-lasting, high-density foam||Pricier than other insoles|
|Supportive, low-profile design|
|Suitable for people who stand for hours on end|
|Reduce strain on the knees, feet, and ankles|
- Full-Length Fit: Low-profile, low-volume Superfeet insoles are designed to fill the length and width of your shoe for maximum support, simply trim the arch-support inserts to fit your shoes
- Stabilizer Cap: The reinforced rearfoot of the cap allows our orthotic sole inserts to provide superior structure, support, and flexibility
- Deep Heel Cup: Featuring our most accommodating heel cups for heel pain, these orthotic insoles help stabilize and support the foot
- High-Density Foam: Our durable closed-cell foam shoe insert supports and cushions the foot for long-lasting comfort
- Shaped By Superfeet: Our shoe insoles for men and women feature a legendary orthotic shape recognized worldwide for providing a supportive, energizing foundation
5. Superfeet Professional-Grade
As another exceptional product from Superfeet, these Professional-Grade Blue insoles are designed to provide unrivaled stability, support, and shock absorption, making them perfect for athletes with flat feet. They are constructed from high-density durable foam with impressive cushioning that is lightweight and doesn’t take up a lot of space.
The Superfeet Professional-Grade insoles have a deep, wide heel cup that delivers additional cushioning while reducing impact and preventing your foot from rolling. Although they are a bit stiffer compared to other shoe inserts, they guarantee firm cushioning and excellent foot support.
|High-density foam for long-lasting support||Too rigid for some people|
|Remarkable shock absorption for repetitive impact||More expensive than other shoe inserts|
|Deep and wide heel cup for extra cushioning|
|Lightweight and non-bulky|
|A snug fit in all types of shoes|
|Antimicrobial and moisture-absorbent fabric|
- FIT PROFILE: Medium volume/Medium profile insoles; Volume refers to the amount of space these comfortable Superfeet BLUE insoles will take up in your shoe, whereas, the Profile is how much shape you can expect to feel under your foot. Full-length Superfeet insoles are supposed to be trimmed to fit in your shoes.
- STABILIZER CAP: The rails of the Superfeet orthotic support shoe inserts reinforce the narrow cap to provide structure and support
- HEEL CUP: Helps position the heel to naturally absorb and soften impact from the ground.
- SUPERFEET SHAPE: The medium-profile shape of these orthotic shoe inserts puts support right where you need it, but takes up less space in the shoe
- HIGH-DENSITY FOAM LAYER: Closed-cell soft foam insoles support and cushion the foot for long-lasting comfort.
6. Vionic Unisex
Designed by a podiatrist, the Vionic Unisex insoles have the much-needed support, stability, and cushioning for people with flat feet. With a sculpted EVA footbed, they deliver excellent heel-cupping, full-foot cushioning, and support. The Vionic Unisex insoles offer a pain-free, natural, and convenient healing solution for a multitude of pains and aches that stem from poor lower-limb alignment and plantar fasciitis.
Additionally, they help to realign the positioning of the feet and curb extreme pronation. As a result, you’re pain-free and comfortable during your hikes, walks, and other activities. The insoles deliver comfort right out of the package without the need for break-in duration. The 100% soft nylon top cloth and shield technology safeguards against odor-causing bacteria.
|Available in various sizes for men and women||Unsuitable for low-profile shoes|
|Designed by a podiatrist|
|Perfect for everyday versatile use|
|Provides forefoot cushioning, ultimate arch support, and excellent heel cup stability|
|Ideal solution for arch pain, poor lower-limb alignment, and plantar fasciitis|
|Prevents odor-causing bacteria|
- PODIATRIST DESIGNED! An effective alternative to expensive custom-made orthotics. Innovative biomechanical THREE-ZONE COMFORT technology delivers deep heel cup stability, forefoot cushioning, and ultimate arch support to prevent excessive pronation caused by flat feet. These essential contact points help to realign positioning of feet, aiding to re-establish your body's natural alignment, from the ground up.
- VIONIC ORTHOTIC INSOLES! These women's and men's shoe inserts offer a convenient, pain-free natural healing solution for many of the common aches and pains associated with poor lower-limb alignment, plantar fasciitis, and arch pain.
- DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE! Provides moderate control and support in workout or cross-training shoes, walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes, and boots. Provides greater control in faster-paced activities such as running and fast walking. Provides everyday comfort and support, Podiatrist Designed, APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- COMFORTABLE TO WEAR! Shoe inserts for women and men contoured around the heel and arch areas to achieve perfect foot contact. Soft 100% nylon top cloth with shield technology that helps safeguard against odor-causing bacteria
- SIZES AVAILABLE: XS: Women's 4.5 – 6 / Men's 3.5 – 5 S: Women's 6.5 – 8 / Men's 5.5 – 7 M: Women's 8.5 – 10 / Men's 7.5 – 9 L: Women's 10.5 – 12 / Men's 9.5 – 11 XL: Men's 11.5 – 13
7. Timberland Pro
Offering a carefully engineered upgrade in comfort and performance, Timberland Pro is one of the best insoles for a flat foot. With the impressive anti-fatigue, geometrical technology, and unique inverted foam cone, they absorb shock and return energy to your feet with every step, delivering all-day comfort and support.
The fabric top cover controls antimicrobial odor and regulates temperature, keeping your feet dry and fresh for those long days. The Timberland Pro insoles come in a vast assortment of men’s shoe sizes ranging from 5 to 15 and can be trimmed for a snug fit.
|Guarantees ultimate protection, comfort, and durability, all day long||Requires trimming before use|
|Geometrical, shock-absorbing technology that returns energy to your feet for all-day comfort and support|
|Antimicrobial and moisture-absorbent fabric that keeps feet dry and prevents foot odor|
|Ideal for versatile use|
- KEEP IT COMFORTABLE: Timberland PRO insoles offer a carefully engineered upgrade in performance & comfort. The Anti-Fatigue Technology Insole features our exclusive inverted cone foam, designed to absorb shock & return energy to your feet with every step.
- ANTI-FATIGUE TECHNOLOGY: A comfort system designed with shock-absorbing, geometrical technology that returns energy back to the foot to deliver all-day support & comfort. Stay comfortable on your feet all day with Timberland PRO's anti-fatigue technology.
- A SOURCE OF PRIDE: We know you take pride in your work, so our soft-toed shoes and boots and steel-toe boots and shoes are designed to provide you with enhanced job performance day in and day out. Wear them at work well as at home with comfort & style.
- QUALITY WORKWEAR: Timberland PRO assesses the unmet needs of those who work in the most demanding environments and then develops solutions that deliver ultimate comfort, durability & protection—all day long—from work boots & shoes to anti-fatigue insoles.
8. Spenco Polysorb
Do you have flat feet and spend plenty of time on your feet? Then Spenco Polysorb insoles are right up your alley. With four-way stretch fabric, they guarantee superb performance and comfort, giving you value for your money. Furthermore, the soft forefoot cushioning delivers an impressive shock absorption and energy return with every step.
While the lightweight Polysorb polyurethane (PU) foam footbed offers extra support in the arches and heels, the Spencore heel-strike pad delivers additional shock absorption and cushioning in the heel. Available in a vast assortment of sizes that are a snug fit for men and women, the Spenco Polysorb insoles are constructed from antimicrobial material that controls odor and diminishes friction.
|Prevents blisters by reducing friction||Not ideal for low-profile shoes|
|Four-way stretch antimicrobial material that keeps feet fresh|
|PU foam that delivers additional heel and arch support|
|Available sizes for men and women|
|Lightweight and durable|
- Spenco insoles with 4-way stretch fabric help prevent blisters while controlling odor
- EVA forefoot pad provides superior cushioning and energy return for people on their feet all day
- Spencore material a 5/32 inch layer of this material absorbs shock and impact to provide intense comfort and cushioning
- Lightweight polysorb polyurethane foam provides arch and heel support.Spencore heel-strike pad provides extra cushioning and shock absorption in the heel
- For half sizes order the next size down
Let’s delve into a few factors to consider when choosing the best insoles for flat feet and fallen arches.
A major factor in selecting insoles is the type of shoes you intend to use them in. If you’re wearing them in running or walking shoes, you usually can replace the existing insole, so its thickness is a nonissue. However, if you’re wearing low-profile or dress shoes, you should opt for thicker and more cushioned insoles.
People with flat feet or those susceptible to the boatload of foot issues such as plantar fasciitis require firm arch support. The severity of your flat feet will determine the level of support you need. For example, if you have entirely fallen arches, you need insoles that focus more on corrective arch support. However, if you have a slight arch, you need low-profile support.
The best insoles for flat feet and collapsed arches should offer ample cushioning for optimum comfort and shock absorption. Walking mainly on pavement or experiencing shin splints is a tell-tale sign that you require more cushioning for enhanced overall support.
It plays a key role when looking for the best insoles for flat feet and fallen arches. After all, no one wants a product that prematurely wears out. That means opting for insoles with a more rigid design rather than those designed for casual wear.
Furthermore, products that come with removable top covers provide shock absorption, reduce friction, have enhanced breathability, and are easily trimmed for a snug fit are great because they can hold up to the demands of running and other activities.
If you have flat feet or collapsed arches, wearing the ideal footwear can make all the difference between comfort and severe discomfort and pain. Shoes that restrict you from adding arch support insoles or don’t offer adequate foot support will leave your flat feet feeling sore and tired throughout. The most worthwhile investment you can make for your flat feet is determining the type you have (flexible or rigid) and adding the appropriate shoe insert.
Here are the answers to a few commonly asked questions about the best insoles for flat feet.
1. Are insoles effective for collapsed arches and flat feet?
Yes! A great pair of insoles can raise or support the arch, offering tremendous relief from foot pain and muscle strain to people with flat feet. They also diminish extreme pronation that can trigger pain. By controlling this irregular motion, patients can perform daily activities with little to no pain.
2. Can flat feet be rectified?
While there’s no cure for flat feet, various solutions come in handy for minimizing the inconveniences and pain they cause. Arch strengthening and stretching exercises can usher in significant relief. Stability shoes, shoe inserts, and orthotic insole can help with motion control and support, lower pain, and enhance overall comfort during exercise and other activities.
3. How can you tell if you have collapsed arches or flat feet?
Podiatrists can usually determine whether or not you have fallen arches or flat feet when you’re standing. Alternatively, you can examine your wet footprint whereby if the entire sole leaves a mark (including where an arch should be), you probably have flat feet. On the other hand, if you notice a considerable part of your foot missing from the print, you don’t have flat feet. Additionally, people with flat feet show a lot of wear on the inner edges of their shoe soles.